– 2 liters of milk about 8 cups
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 piece of orange peel
– 8 – 12 egg yolks, adjustment based on the level of thickness you prefer
– 2 cups liquid cream or light cream
– 1 cup of condensed milk
– Brandy to taste: I use about 1 cup for each liter of rompope for a softer version and 2 cups for the lojana version (or mega forte).
TO ACCOMPANY: A little condensed milk and sugarto decorate the glasses and ground cinnamon to sprinkle.
PREPARATION: Put the milk, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla essence in a pot and bring to a boil, reduce the temperature to low, and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it from overflowing. Mix the yolks with the condensed milk well mixed. You can mixed them in the blender or with a hand mixer (or with a fork). Add the liquid cream to the end and mix gently so that it does not become too thick. Add one cup of the hot milk to the egg yolk mixture to the pot with the milk and stir well. Cook on medium – low heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to thicken it is very important not to let it boil because if it can not be cut. Cool completely and then add the brandy. If you want it to be thick, add more milk or cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It can be served hot or cold according to your taste. Decorate the rim of the glasses or the cups with condensed milk and sugar. You can also sprinkle a little ground cinnamon on the rompope.